Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Niggles: should I worry?

(4 Posts)
MrsNoodleHead Fri 14-Mar-14 21:31:10

There's a couple of things going on with me which weigh on my mind from time to time but which I do nothing about.

I have a constant low grade fever. I hover around 99.5 degrees, sometimes over 100. I can't remember how long this has been - months? Years? But it wasn't a problem pre-pregnancy as I monitored my body temp to track fertility and was generally a cold fish.

The second thing is that I have tingling in my middle, ring and little fingertips on my left hand. This is much more recent, and seems to come and go.

Would it be daft to go to the GP with these things, when I don't feel poorly? Any ideas from the diagnosticians out there?

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Fri 14-Mar-14 23:57:17

Are you sure your thermometer is accurate? If you had a constant fever wouldn't you feel ill? And the tingling hand could just be carpal tunnel syndrome or trapped nerve in wrist. Get your doctor to check both

MaudeLynn Sat 15-Mar-14 08:00:20

It wouldn't be daft at all. Go along to your GP and let her do some blood tests and (a) reassure you (b) make you better if needs be.

MrsNoodleHead Sat 15-Mar-14 09:57:08

Thanks. I have used the thermometer to check DH and the kids, and they are always in normal range (unless they're unwell).

Might get another one to be sure, before I go to the docs and sound a complete numpty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now