Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wimbledon GP and hospital options

(3 Posts)
craigandsaira Fri 14-Mar-14 14:32:25

Hi - My fiancee and I currently live in Chiswick and are due to move to South Wimbledon next month. In addition my finacee is due to give birth this September (2014)! We our registered with our local GP in Chiswick and the Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea Hospital. My fiancee is now worried about having to move hospitals once we move; we understand we don't necessarily have to but when D-Day arrives travelling out of Wimbledon won't be ideal. We'd like somewhere close.

So my question is: Which are the best GP and (maternity) hospitals in Wimbledon, what recommendations and reviews can you offer?
Thanks!

Matildathecat Fri 14-Mar-14 14:44:49

Church Lane Medical Centre is very good. It's Merton Park so may not be close enough.

Your closest maternity will probably be St George's. A lot of women choose Kingston, though. However, both are busy so may not be able to accommodate you so don't un book from Charlottes until you are definitely accepted locally.

Hope that helps. smile

craigandsaira Fri 14-Mar-14 17:03:38

Great, thanks! I'll look at Kingston - our preference is to stay with QC, I guess one option might to pre-book a taxi on standby nearer the time :/

Any suggestions on other GP's in central / south Wimbledon?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now