Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Strange period......

(4 Posts)
BettySwollocksandaCrustyRack Fri 14-Mar-14 10:55:10

I have regular normalish periods. Yesterday was day 3 so flow was moderate. ANyway, last night I went through 3 super tampons in 15 mins - the flow was really really heavy, bright red blood and really clotty (sorry)....never had anything like it before. So, yeah 3 tampons lasting about 5 mins each and then after the last big clot came out it then went back to normal.

I have never had this before (am 43 so been having them for years) - anyone else had this? It was very strange and I just wonder what the hell was going on for those 15 mins.....

DontWannaBeObamasElf Fri 14-Mar-14 12:30:19

My auntie had bad flooding at the start of the menopause, make an appointment with your GP just to be sure.

EmmaGellerGreen Sat 15-Mar-14 00:19:05

I am usually really light but a couple of months ago, all.of a sudden, I flooded really badly and then soaked another tampon in half an hour. Then really light again and the same ever since. Really odd.

CointreauVersial Sat 15-Mar-14 00:54:53

Hate to tell you, but if you have more like this then it's a sign that you could be starting menopause.

Nobody ever tells you that periods get seriously heavy and floody in the lead-up to stopping altogether.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: