Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange period......

(4 Posts)

I have regular normalish periods. Yesterday was day 3 so flow was moderate. ANyway, last night I went through 3 super tampons in 15 mins - the flow was really really heavy, bright red blood and really clotty (sorry)....never had anything like it before. So, yeah 3 tampons lasting about 5 mins each and then after the last big clot came out it then went back to normal.

I have never had this before (am 43 so been having them for years) - anyone else had this? It was very strange and I just wonder what the hell was going on for those 15 mins.....

DontWannaBeObamasElf Fri 14-Mar-14 12:30:19

My auntie had bad flooding at the start of the menopause, make an appointment with your GP just to be sure.

EmmaGellerGreen Sat 15-Mar-14 00:19:05

I am usually really light but a couple of months ago, all.of a sudden, I flooded really badly and then soaked another tampon in half an hour. Then really light again and the same ever since. Really odd.

CointreauVersial Sat 15-Mar-14 00:54:53

Hate to tell you, but if you have more like this then it's a sign that you could be starting menopause.

Nobody ever tells you that periods get seriously heavy and floody in the lead-up to stopping altogether.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now