Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone talk to me about cotton / organic tampons?

(7 Posts)
workatemylife Thu 13-Mar-14 10:07:49

Just that really. I know some of you ladies are delighted with mooncups etc, but I've tried, and just don't get along with them. I've been a tampon user for a long time, but part of the reasoning behing trying a cup was to get away from the whole issue of what tampax and other similar brands are made from and can do to your body. It may or may not be true, but once the thought is in my head.....
Anyway, I'm tempted to try one of the cotton / organic tampon brands and see how I get on with those. I have a couple of 'heavy' days when I tend to use a pretty high absorbency. A quick search on the web led me to Natracare, which seem to be available at some pharmacies, waitrose, and amazon. Also Cottons, which might be available at Boots. If you've used these, or have another brand to recommend, I'd be grateful.

Justgotosleepnow Thu 13-Mar-14 10:11:40

Yup natracare are great, go for it

Madmog Thu 13-Mar-14 10:15:03

I sometimes use Boots Cottons. You obviously use them in exactly the same way as say Lillets, they look the same and have the same absorbency, so I wouldn't know I was using something different.

workatemylife Thu 13-Mar-14 10:22:28

Ooooh, quick replies, of the kind that might just make me DO it, rather than dither about it. Thank you! I'll have a look for these at the weekend and see how I get on next month (currently at the end of my period, so not the best time to be conducting an experiment)

PoshPenny Thu 13-Mar-14 19:36:51

I have got on surprisingly well with natracare super, whereas I always needed tampax super plus and often that wasn't enough. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

therzinosaurus Thu 13-Mar-14 20:55:06

I switched to Cottons from Boots just over a year ago, would definitely recommend them. I used to leak with Tampax or Lillets, don't with Cottons. Plus added bonus is they seem to have made my periods shorter and less heavier.

workatemylife Sat 15-Mar-14 10:26:49

Great - even more positive endorsements. I have a pack in the cupboard for next month smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now