Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could bad smell and bleeding be Mirena related ?

(3 Posts)
madchocolatemum48 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:43:15

I have developed this really bad odour from my vagina in the last 5/6 months. It's not fishy more like a really strong semen smell. Disgusting I know.As though something has gone past it's sell by date kind of smell.

Had the mirena coil fitted 4 years ago and after about a year my periods stopped. Now I have started lightly bleeding. I know there must be a connection between that and my delightful new eau de stink

Anyone help me connect the dots? I've been reading a few thread on here about the mirena coil and after thinking the symptoms could be menopausal ( I'm 49), I'm now wondering if it's the coil.

Can they Go bad?

lookingfoxy Wed 12-Mar-14 22:56:29

Yes they can.
My first coil was a dream, 2nd coil I got 'the smell' it was bv.
Just google bv and mirena coil together and you'll see.
I got mine out but the infection returns every time I get a period so must be linked to my hormones.
I don't think my gp knows what else to do apart from give me antibiotics or gel.
Best get down to your doctor and let them sort it out.

madchocolatemum48 Thu 13-Mar-14 08:17:25

Been reading about Mirena and I am so freaked out.
When I think of how I've been feeling since I had the coil inserted I can relate to a lot of the problems other users have mentioned.

Weight gain, zero sex drive, apathy, depression, angry, sadness, panic attacks, the list goes on. Now with the added stench and bleeding.

I feel I have aged dramatically over the last four years, I was always complimented on how well I looked for my age, not now.
When I think about it I feel like sh!# most of the time.

I have thought I may be menopausal but now I'm not so sure.
My family made a big move around the same time I had the coil inserted and I have never been happy, so every negative feeling has always been blamed on the move

I have always been able to see the positive in most situations, so feeling so despondent about this huge move we made has really taken a toll on our family.

Could this all be related to the mirena?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now