Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

WHat is wrong here? Burnout? Mantal health thing? Physical?

(6 Posts)
wftisgoingon Wed 12-Mar-14 12:55:44

HI, I'm a regular who has name changed for anonymity.

Have been very happy working hard and with my family for the last few years, but feel like I hit a wall last week. WHat finished me was a very mild cold!! ffs! No fever or anything! I am utterly exhausted, can't be bothered with anything, feel beyond tired and really down and crying a lot. Have managed to ease up at work and have annual leave due in a few weeks. Struggling : (. Scared I've got post viral illness, but it was only a cold! Or burnt out. Been working loads, burning candle at both ends. SO worried. Any words of experience?

wftisgoingon Wed 12-Mar-14 13:31:40

Anyone?

Yddraigoldragon Wed 12-Mar-14 13:35:03

It could be any number of things but I would suggest you go to GP and get blood tests done to rule out anything medical.
It could just be that you were operating at full speed, and your body took the first chance it could to shut you down for a bit. Generally happens to me over the Christmas break...

kaizen Wed 12-Mar-14 13:37:50

Sorry to hear you're not well - are you off work now? I had a really bad cold and felt really tired last year and panicked that I was getting a post viral thing (as I see that a lot in my work). just needed a few days off in bed though - make sure you take sick time off now though to get over it properly. Eat, drink fluids and sleep and allow yourself to be ill!!

wftisgoingon Wed 12-Mar-14 13:41:10

Wise words indeed people.
I'm still working but am on light duties, think I'm going to take a few days off though and go into my annual leave as I'm not working well and doing no one any favours, including myself : )

kaizen Wed 12-Mar-14 13:51:24

Also, I tend to feel really tearful and down when I'm ill - I think that's a normal part of not feeling 'yourself'. (I tend to feel 'woe is me' as there's only the cat to moan to!) Try not to panic yet, and don't be Superwoman grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now