Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Menstrual cup

(9 Posts)
JuniperTisane Tue 11-Mar-14 22:12:39

On period number 3, menstrual cup number 2 and its just so uncomfortable! It naturally settles so low down that I can feel it all the time when I'm walking about and I have a constant urge to poke it back up again. The only time I forget about it is sitting or lying down. I'm on the verge of buying tampons again, at least I could forget I was wearing them.

I've given it 3 months. Shall I just give up?

GotMyGoat Wed 12-Mar-14 11:05:28

I've had similar issues to you - but just realised that on day 2-3 of my period my cervix drops down reaaaallly low and meant it was pushing my moon cup out, caused leaking and discomfort whenever i sat.

I've just ordered a meluna mini cup which is about half the length of the mooncup, and am hoping this will fit a little higher up.

MrsCakesPremonition Wed 12-Mar-14 11:13:51

Did you snip the little stick on the bottom right off?
Is it comfy to start with, but then settle down too low? I only notice mine at certains days/times, so I only use it for the heaviest part of my period.

I guess that, like any sort of sanpro, different solutions work for different people and if it isn't working for you then there is no point being uncomfortable.

JuniperTisane Wed 12-Mar-14 12:36:38

Ooh replies! Thank you smile

I bought a mooncup and snipped the stem off, even to the point of shaving off a bit of the thick bottom bit of the cup, it was ok but not desperately comfortable. I managed to flush it down the loo two days into the next period blush so I ordered a stemless meluna cup which is what I'm using now.

There may be something in the cervix sitting lower on heavier days, that is when its worst. I suspect there is a slight degree of prolapse inside too which surely can't help too much. Maybe the mini is what I need. let me know if you get on with it GotMyGoat.

GotMyGoat Wed 12-Mar-14 12:56:13

I will update! I was a bit dissapointed that my meluna mini didn't arrive until the day after my last period finished, so have to wait a whole month to test it out now. Yes - day 2 and 3 are my heaviest days so makes sense.

MrsHoolie Wed 12-Mar-14 13:03:37

I had the opposite problem with the Mooncup.
Somehow my fanjo sucked it back up too high....cue lots of leakage.
Are the other makes any good?

JuniperTisane Wed 12-Mar-14 15:15:06

envy too high. Mind you, I've never had a problem with leakage. They all seem to work about the same to me MrsHoolie. It all seems to come down to how they fit.

MrsHoolie Wed 12-Mar-14 23:29:53

I'm going to have a look at the Meluna...

MrsHoolie Wed 12-Mar-14 23:55:58

No idea what size I would need. Maybe a large?
I'm 37,two C section births,tall. Any ideas?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now