Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

carpal tunnel syndrome

(4 Posts)
PoshPenny Tue 11-Mar-14 16:11:39

I have just been diagnosed with mild cts following the nerve conduction study.

it's an absolute beast of a thing to deal with, and driving me round the bend, coming on at random inconvenient moments, I feel I must look like I'm not in control of my hands sometimes when I'm trying to stop the pins and needles.

could any of you describe to me what severe carpal tunnel is like? I'm off to buy the splints and see if they help, otherwise it'll have to be a referral for the operation

eightytwenty Tue 11-Mar-14 16:22:58

Hi Posh.

I had the same after birth of ds2. Had both hands operated on with carpal release procedure. Have to say results were amazing - no problems, no pain at all! Prior to that had tried splints and cortisone injections. Former didn't really work. Latter did but only short term.

Good Luck.

RockinD Tue 11-Mar-14 19:36:39

Get your thyroid tested - this is often one of the first symptoms and if it is thyroid related then surgery will be ineffective.

Sillysarah49 Tue 11-Mar-14 19:59:16

I had moderate to severe CTS and had the operation which was completely successful. I have it mildly in the other hand. My consultant advised to have the operation sooner rather than later as there is less chance of success if you just leave it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now