Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stomach Discomfort??

(2 Posts)
skinnyminny2b Tue 11-Mar-14 15:14:54

For the past month or so I have had a mild discomfort slightly above my tummy button but on the left side of my stomach. It is not a pain as such more a feeling like someone is pressing it. It feels a bit bloated on that side but no noticably so. I mentioned it to my gp when I was there for something else and she just said 'we'll keep an eye on it' [hmmm]. I don't feel sick, my appetite is fine. Don't even know if there are any important organs in this area. I had breast cancer a few years ago so that is always at the back of my mind. Anyone had anything similar and it be something really simple?

OneWaySystemBlues Fri 14-Mar-14 14:32:04

Just seen this, but I could have written this post myself. I've had it for just over a month and it appears to move around a little, but is always on the left side, under my ribs. I have a history of cancer too, though lymphoma, not breast cancer, and I'm thinking of going to see my GP if it doesn't improve soon. It appeared after my last but one period, after a migraine. I get a lot of migraines around period times, with IBS type symptoms. I've had similar pain before, which is IBS related. The only difference this time is that it hasn't really gone.

So no answers for you, just that I'm experiencing something similar. Have you had any resolution yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now