Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any Opticians out there?

(5 Posts)
Frozennortherner Mon 10-Mar-14 22:04:15

If there are any opticians, can you tell me why my eyes have got drier upon waking first thing in the morning these last couple of moths. Am in early 50s and they are noticeably drier (to the point of being very uncomfortable as soon as I wake). After half an hour or so, they're fine. Am short-sighted and have worn contact-lenses for over 15 years.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 11-Mar-14 15:19:04

Not an optician but dry eyes can be associated with menopause. You can get some lubricating drops from the chemists that will help.

Frozennortherner Tue 11-Mar-14 21:45:50

Thanks. I'll check those out

Karoleann Tue 11-Mar-14 22:00:24

Yes, menopause can do that, as can central heating, the pill, allergies, certain medications etc.
Which contact lenses do you wear and do you sleep in them?
Systane is very good for use in the morning, otherwise you can put in a more viscous drop the night before (lacrilube, viscotears, gel tears) and your eyes should feel more comfortable the morning after.

Frozennortherner Fri 14-Mar-14 07:19:54

I wear soft monthly disposables. Don t sleep in them.
When dry, my eyes feel very tight but it does go away after a while

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now