Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wetting the bed as an adult

(11 Posts)
Nerfmother Mon 10-Mar-14 07:50:12

Why would this happen? As a one off last night to dh (hopefully).
Rushing off to work now but will check back this pm.
He's 49, doesn't drink much at all, none last night, zero chance of secret drinking, and is very tired due to a long standing series of early starts - months, work related. But no recent change.
At what point do you worry?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

ilovepowerhoop Mon 10-Mar-14 10:10:55

I have dreamt I was on the toilet before and started weeing in my sleep but thankfully managed to wake up before I was soaking.

KurriKurri Mon 10-Mar-14 10:40:21

Possibly something simple like he is so tired he didn't wake when he needed a wee in the night. I think at his age I would definitely go and get checked for things like prostate problems, just for reassurance.smile

Nerfmother Mon 10-Mar-14 14:53:56

Eek! Power hoop I hope that's not going to happen again!
Kurri - that's what I think, just can't cope with yet another thing

Morgause Mon 10-Mar-14 14:55:12

This happened to my friend's DH as he was developing diabetes - worth checking.

Hiphopopotamus Mon 10-Mar-14 14:59:44

Happened to me once quite recently. I had a raging UTI at the time, and was needing the loo every twenty minutes. After five hours of being asleep my poor bladder had obviously had too much. I woke up mid flow! Embarrassing at the time, but clearly a result of an infection.

Nerfmother Mon 10-Mar-14 15:09:50

So should he see the gp - it was last night so no idea if a one off.
He has cholesterol (high, managed by diet)

BigPawsBrown Mon 10-Mar-14 16:18:15

It happened to me as a one off when I was 21. I dreamt I was weeing. I was so embarrassed (as was in bed with my then-boyfriend who was extremely baffled!) but it hasn't happened in the 8 years since smile

Nerfmother Mon 10-Mar-14 16:33:50

Thank you! Dh is mortified, and I'm racing ahead to having to deal with 'something' really really hope this is just a blip.

Marrow Mon 10-Mar-14 19:24:43

Watching with interest. It's happened to me three times in the last month hmmhmm I was three last time I wet the bed hmm

Nerfmother Mon 10-Mar-14 19:36:52

Well hopefully we can come up with answers smile
Dh is home and so embarrassed, and refuses to speak to the gp unless it happens again.
Could you get yours to ring you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now