Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4th time I've lost voice and has a very sore throat in 6 weeks

(6 Posts)
BlueFrenchHorn Sun 09-Mar-14 23:33:11

Is this normal? I've had cold after cold recently, and my voice is always first to go. 4th time in 6 weeks now. My glands hurt, pounding headache, hurts to swallow etc.

Should I be speaking to my GP about potentially getting my tonsils removed or do they not do that anymore / does that have nothing to do with why I keep getting sore throats and losing my voice?

Jollyb Mon 10-Mar-14 16:12:50

Yes do see your GP. Unexplained and recurrent hoarse voice needs to be investigated.

BlueFrenchHorn Mon 10-Mar-14 18:42:18

Appointment made for the morning. ..just a bit embarrassed they'll tell me off for wasting their time.

Jollyb Tue 11-Mar-14 18:30:48

Hope the appointment went ok

BlueFrenchHorn Wed 12-Mar-14 02:05:59

I cancelled it...I felt silly for wasting the doctors time. Just so sick of being non stop ill!

GotMyGoat Wed 12-Mar-14 10:53:00

Grr! BlueFrenchHorn! This is exactly what GP's are for - your could have some lumps and bumps on your vocal chords, make the appointment again, 4 times in six weeks is far too much.

It could 'just' be tonsillitis (they will remove them if you nag enough) or it could be something more serious, imagine if you are causing more damage by leaving it?

Shoo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now