Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sleep apnoea

(4 Posts)
Willthisworknow Sat 08-Mar-14 18:05:40

I have suspected sleep apnoea. Took ages to get an assessment at the sleep clinic (6 months). Anyway, wired etc, could I sleep? No I could not. The nurses came in saying that I was restless and they couldn't tell if I was cutting breathing but said the physiologists might pick up something. I definitely dozed but it is going to be at least 3 months before ill hear back but I'm not happy the results might prove inconclusive. Anyone had experience like this?

NorbertDentressangle Sat 08-Mar-14 18:12:07

Not personally but a friends partner has just spent a night wired up in a sleep clinic and got his results almost immediately (he definitely has sleep apnoea as he stopped breathing numerous times).

Are they saying the delay is because you were restless/didn't sleep properly so they don't have enough evidence ?

trinity0097 Sat 08-Mar-14 19:07:10

How awful! My hubby did a home sleep study (came home with wires etc attached to his chest etc) - a week later he came home with his CPAP machine. Initial appointment took about 4 weeks from referral from GP.

Keep pushing the sleep clinic.

Willthisworknow Sat 08-Mar-14 21:26:34

I think normally its obvious but they need someone to sleep for at least 2 hours. I didn't fall asleep enough I don't believe as the nurse would have come in and fitted a CPAP if I has and stopped breathing. I defo do have it tho as DH has recorded me on several occasions. My record was nearly a minute. I stayed at my friends and she also mentioned it. But got told there was a back log and it would be 3 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now