Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in Neck. what happens next...?

(4 Posts)
beastling Sat 08-Mar-14 16:42:14

I would really appreciate any advice/experience... I have had a lump in my neck for about 9 or 10 months now... is about marble sized and quite deep (by which I mean you can't see it sticking out). Went to GP this week fully expecting an 'it's nothing, go away' but actually got referred on for blood tests and an ultrasound. I am a little bit worried now. Blood tests will be done on thursday... but I have no idea how long I am going to end up waiting for the u/s. How has it worked for other people and what was your outcome if you don't mind sharing. Trying not to panic. Thanks for any info.

RockinD Sat 08-Mar-14 16:46:13

Depending where it is, could it be connected with your thyroid?

I had a hideous lump in my neck for two years, which disappeared literally overnight after my first dose of thyroxine.

beastling Sat 08-Mar-14 16:57:41

Wow! Thanks for the quick response rockinD smile Hmmm, it's a little more than halfway down and perhaps an inch to the left of centre. I should have mentioned... Doc didnt think it was a lymph node (wrong place) and wasn't my actual thyroid but because my dentist has had concerns abt my thyroid before i think thursdays blood tests will be Thyroid related.
Can I ask... was your lump the actual thyroid or just a random lump caused by it? Thanks again.

FruitbatAuntie Sat 08-Mar-14 17:37:39

I have two lumps which sound very similar in the same place, OP. Frightened the life out of me when I noticed then, aged 18. They turned out to be blocked salivary glands (I think... blocked something glands anyway). Still there 20 years later, but have never caused a problem.

Hope all goes well at your u/s appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now