Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else had this virus?

(7 Posts)
Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 06-Mar-14 16:57:11

Just interested as at that stage where I'm thinking docs or not??
For two weeks have had stiff neck on right side, felt like a cricked neck, then developed into glands up, still got stiff right side on neck, slight sore throat, feeling wiped out. Went to nurse who had a look in ears which were red, but no temp, and glands up.
I seem ok if I rest, but as soon as I do a bit more than usual I seem back to square one....

Idotry Thu 06-Mar-14 18:34:11

I've had the same thing for roughly one week so far. Started off stiff neck,overwhelming fatigue, pale skin, then appeared a pair of swollen glands either side of my neck. No temperature.
I think the general rule is glands that are still swollen after 2-4 weeks a trip to the doctor should follow.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 06-Mar-14 18:37:17

Sounds very similar. This will be week two for me, so hopefully it's nearly over....

piratecat Thu 06-Mar-14 18:42:40

poor you, there are so many odd viruses about. I've a friend who had one that sounds like that one, it went after about a week.
I had one last week wiped out, headache and not quite right tummy/poo. eww.
dd has has one this week, hot one minute freezing cold the next. The bags under her eyes were almost black, no cough or cold.

I hope you feel better soon x

BitsinTatters Thu 06-Mar-14 18:44:32

Had the worst head cold I've ever had with hot ears and stiff neck feeling terrible.

It's in my throat now... feeling misog

telsa Thu 06-Mar-14 18:46:43

Sounds like what I have....and the mucus production in my nose is simply unbelievable.

telsa Thu 06-Mar-14 18:47:42

I am in week 3 of it by the way! But I have had to keep going like the blazes, as DP has had pneumonia!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now