Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Secondary Drowning? Or reflux and anxiety?

(5 Posts)
AngryFeet Thu 06-Mar-14 13:34:03

So let me start with saying I do suffer with health anxiety which is having a flare up right now...

I took the kids swimming yesterday and swam underwater through a jet of water which shot up my nose. It felt horrible but I didn't cough anything up and carried on swimming.

Last night I started feeling tired and a bit sick and like there was cold water running down my throat into my stomach (or lungs).

I remembered something about secondary drowning that I had seen on here and googled it then got myself in a right tizz that I was going to die in my sleep or something.

This morning I got a painful spasm under my right rib and the weird cold sensation was still there so I decided to go to A&E (not something I would normally do but I was feeling very worried).

They were very thorough and did an ecd, bloods, checked my throat and also did a chest xray as they were concerned I might have aspirated some water and might need anti-bs.

Anyway all was clear and they said no anti-bs needed.

Am now worried that they might have missed something. I didn't mention the secondary drowning thing.

This is my anxiety isn't it? I suffer from acid and indigestion anyway which might explain the cold feeling in my throat and stomach.

I do go to therapy and have for several years. Never done the medication thing though... If this is anxiety again maybe it is time sad

littlejo67 Thu 06-Mar-14 15:42:35

Yes it is the anxiety. Distract yourself from the HAve thoughts.

littlejo67 Thu 06-Mar-14 15:42:55

HA thoughts...

mercibucket Thu 06-Mar-14 16:00:23

i get this when i get chlorinated water up my nose, it is just a reaction to the chlorine. try a saline nose spray and wear a nose plug next time

mercibucket Thu 06-Mar-14 16:02:02

post nasal drip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now