Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hard Lump

(4 Posts)
DontWannaBeObamasElf Thu 06-Mar-14 11:12:58

I went to the GP before Christmas about a hard lump that popped in and out from the upper right side of my abdomen. She couldn't feel it and sent me away. Saw another GP a week later who said it was a hernia. She also thought my gallbladder was playing up as I'd been having some slight discomfort.

The scan showed everything was normal at the end of January. I had my appointment with the surgeon last week who felt the lump but said he doesn't think it's a hernia and he's referred me for another ultrasound to look at the area in more detail.

I'm pretty sure it's my large intestine and I have anxiety so obviously bowel cancer is flashing in my head.

I'm seeing another GP next week to see what she thinks it could be.

It's solid and doesn't hurt. I am going to the toilet fine, however I was giving medicine for IBS 5 years ago but whenever I came off the pill the loose bowels stopped, I got the implant in December and they have been pretty normal. I can't remember the last time I had the runs.

Has anyone else had this?

andthenthereweretwo Thu 06-Mar-14 19:27:38

Not sure if this is similar but I had a hard lump under the bottom of my right rib-it would be more noticeable when standing as it would hide under my rib when lyingdown. I had an ultrasound and found out it was a lipoma-basically a fatty lump. Had it removed under local anaesthetic as it was uncomfortable but it wasnt sore. Obviously I thought it would be cancerous but it was nothing to worry about.

andthenthereweretwo Thu 06-Mar-14 19:27:48

Not sure if this is similar but I had a hard lump under the bottom of my right rib-it would be more noticeable when standing as it would hide under my rib when lyingdown. I had an ultrasound and found out it was a lipoma-basically a fatty lump. Had it removed under local anaesthetic as it was uncomfortable but it wasnt sore. Obviously I thought it would be cancerous but it was nothing to worry about.

Samu2 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:22:49

Usually lipomas are moveable and feel rubbery. I have a few under my ribs and they do feel more harder than the others but still have that rubber feel to them.

I am covered in them, thousands, GP gave up counting them.

I hope it turns out to be nothing OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now