Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant stitch on both sides at bottom of ribs.. not pregnant!

(1 Post)
Sooperswooper Thu 06-Mar-14 10:05:41

Well, at least I am 99.9% certain I'm not!

I only notice it a little when I'm stationary, but when I walk and run it is definitely noticeable- and painful. Just like stitch on both sides at the bottom of the ribcage. It came on R side almost a week ago and then noticed it in both sides from around last Friday but definitely worse pain on right.

Problem is, I'm in training for a marathon which is in just over 4 weeks and I cannot run. Managed a seriously slow one on Monday at about 3 minutes a mile more than I would usually run, but yesterday I had to stop almost immediately and write it off (tried a few times) as it seems impossible to run with constant stitch! It doesn't make me out of breath or anything just bloody painful and gets worse the more i exert myself. No IBS, digestive issues or anything like that in the past and I keep hydrated and eat well. Can't get a GP appointment for a few weeks so not that I'm looking for a diagnosis, but wondered if anyone had experienced similar and what on earth to do about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now