Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Scared - MS

(4 Posts)
NeedAHuggle Wed 05-Mar-14 22:02:39

Need a hug and somewhere to vent. Haven't told my family or friends. They know I've had blood tests but I haven't mentioned my GP thinks I could have MS.
Worried and scared...sad a lot

somedizzywhore1804 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:07:59

Hey OP

I can really understand your fear but even if you have MS it's not the condition it was.

My MIL has been diagnosed for 14 years now and still lives a very normal life with very little disability or pain. Her drugs combination is really helping and she's only stopped work in the past 3 years, in her early 50s.

I know it's terrifying but remember it's not the disease it was 30 years ago. Good luck.

NeedAHuggle Wed 05-Mar-14 22:14:36

Thanks. Just scared it will be the fast kind and I still have kiddies to worry about. One has Autism and dad has had depression and gets low very easily. Suppose I also worry it could be something else that is worse.
Just sitting spending the spare time and evening with it going round and round in my head.
Tonight after walking upstairs, my leg started to go numb, it set me off again and I can't tell those close for fear of worrying them unnecessarily.

somedizzywhore1804 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:49:39

I can fully understand your fear. If it was me I'd be terrified too but try not to google and wait and see what tests reveal if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now