Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

hysterectomy question

(6 Posts)
ghostinthecanvas Mon 03-Mar-14 15:25:33

I went to the gynae recently about my endometriosis. He had a plan and we talked it through. Zoladex, the mirena. However, he was very dismissive of the option of a hysterectomy as, according to him, there can be pain from the scarring left by the operation and there was the possibility that I wouldn't be any better off. I have never heard of this problem. If you don't mind sharing, can you tell me if you have experience of this please?

ghostinthecanvas Mon 03-Mar-14 18:13:12

Bump [daffodil]

ghostinthecanvas Mon 03-Mar-14 18:14:22

Where did the daffodil go? sad

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 03-Mar-14 18:32:37

I have certainly heard of some women with endo still having problems with pain relating to endometriosis post hysterectomy. It can also affect the intestines. He is wise indeed to advise you accordingly re a hyst; not all gynaes do by any means.

Also with a hysterectomy your ovaries would have to be removed at the same time to stop them "feeding" the endometriosis.

ilovemydoggy Mon 03-Mar-14 18:35:07

Yep i still get pain, not as bad but can still put in my bed for a couple of days. Zoladex was the best thing i had for my endometriosis.

ghostinthecanvas Mon 03-Mar-14 18:49:48

Thanks very much for your replies. I never knew that. It seemed sensible when he was talking. Then I started overthinking it. I went ready to be assertive when I went in and was pleasantly surprised when he had a plan prepared for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now