Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are there lymph nodes here...?

(4 Posts)
Corluvaduck Mon 03-Mar-14 08:20:39

I've just found a lump the size of a large kidney bean "down there". It's basically about an inch to the side of my fanjo, and very slightly further back. Sort of very back of labia, I suppose. I wondered:

1) are there lymph nodes in this area? I know there are some in the groin, but always thought this meant front of groin, IYKIM.

2) obviously if this stays I'll have to go to the doc. But I'm off on holiday late tomorrow. Do you think I can wait till I get back (2 weeks), or would you go as an emergency even though it might just go away again (no idea how long it's been there. Could even be a boil or something)?

Many thanks in advance.

Optimist1 Mon 03-Mar-14 08:26:09

A Bartholins cyst? Sorry, have no further suggestions or advice about whether to seek medical advice before you go on holiday, but didn't want to read and run. Hope it gets sorted!

Lagoonablue Mon 03-Mar-14 08:27:37

GP would probably want to wait and see if it disappears. I would be tempted to make an appt when I cam back from holls, it might go before you get back anyway.

Corluvaduck Mon 03-Mar-14 08:35:48

Thank you both.

I've just googled Bartholin's cyst, which sounds like a possibility if they can be a bit of a distance away from the vaginal opening.

I think I'll do as you suggest, Lagoon, and make an appointment for 2 weeks time when I get back.

Many thanks again for the posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now