Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prolia injection for oestoporosis treatment?

(1 Post)
Megbeth Sun 02-Mar-14 12:21:17

Has anyone had this? I am not in the UK & it is very expensive as I have to qualify to be over 70 or had a hip fracture to get it on our healthcare. I will have to pay on a private prescription if my Dr says I have to have it.

I am 43 with history of Anorexia. My bone density is very low & I have just had a bone scan done to compare with last year. I have tried other meds but had to stop due to side effects.

I recently fractured my toe but I don't think this will qualify me to get the prescription on our healthcare at a reduced cost. The Dr I saw for my toe wasn't my usual Dr. He suggested trying Prolia. I will be seeing my own Dr in a few weeks time to discuss the results.
Does anyone have this injection? What side effects did you have? I am very sensitive to side effects so I am worried as once it's injected it will carry on systemically. The injection lasts 6 mths.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now