Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sleeping tablets advice please: temporary problem

(5 Posts)
rhiwpix Sun 02-Mar-14 10:02:04

I'm having a really stressful time in work and it's all coming to a head over the next two weeks while a deadline looms. I'm feeling anxious 24/7 and waking up in the night with my mind racing. I really need to stay strong to get through this and am wondering whether over the counter sleeping tablets will be the answer? I've never taken anything before and am worried that they will make me feel worse not better. Can anyone offer some advice?

The stress will all be over when the deadline passes and I don't normally have a problem with either sleep or stress. This is an extreme, one off circumstance and I'm only looking for a quick temporary fix.

EmNetta Sun 02-Mar-14 10:34:45

Bach Rescue Remedy's worth having in medicine box for these times, and they also make one specifically for night-time. (Can't comment on this as didn't need it until date expired, had used daytime variety).

rhiwpix Sun 02-Mar-14 11:00:07

Thank you Emnetta. Hadn't heard of Rescue Remedy but does look like it's designed for the situation I'm in. Went on the Boots website to look and saw Kalms too. Does anyone have any experience of both? How do they compare?

Matildathecat Sun 02-Mar-14 11:58:33

Nytol tablets work. No hangover. Not the herbal ones, the real ones.

Megbeth Sun 02-Mar-14 14:45:59

Piriton or Phenergan can help you sleep as they are anti histamines that make you drowsy. Valerian is a natural remedy but did not work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now