Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why can I feel cold liquid in my chest after swallowing?

(4 Posts)
BlueJean Sat 01-Mar-14 22:08:25

I had a mastectomy 9 years ago.Lots of tissue removed so only a very thin layer of flesh covering much of the right side from collar bone to bottom of ribs.

I have some understanding of how the body works but i cannot fathom out how it is that I can feel cold liquid trickling down in the right side of my chest. If anything I assumed it should be left to middle .

Does anyone else feel this ? Is this normal ?Or do I have a weird body?

LongTailedTit Sat 01-Mar-14 23:54:52

I have this sensation too, and as I only have the barest of anatomical knowledge it has always confused me!
It's not every drink either, or particularly cold drinks, just sometimes feels like a waterfall under my chest. Weird indeed.

BlueJean Sun 02-Mar-14 00:00:58

Oh thank goodness someone else has it .<waves to LTT daffodildaffodil>

Commiserations though LTT .I hate the sensation .Now I come to think about it maybe its not all drinks .

I am miffed that my 'liquid tube' wanders all over the place instead if going straight downwards. I often have indigestion .I wonder if this has an effect?

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Sun 02-Mar-14 10:13:52

It might be vagus nerve (which runs down ribs) irritation caused by indigestion. Google vagus and vagal nerve

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now