Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why do I become nauseous every evening?

(16 Posts)
bigwellylittlewelly Sat 01-Mar-14 19:19:16

This has now been happening for a few months. Every evening I start feeling sick, sometimes its 6pm other times much later but its rare for me no to feel pretty yuk by the time I go to bed.

Thoughts? I've been treated for acid reflux in the past but it doesn't feel like that. I have depression and a non sleeping baby but I am so tired of this.

olbasoil Sat 01-Mar-14 19:32:41

It could be anxiety, depression plus a non sleeper is hell. Are you on your own?

bigwellylittlewelly Sat 01-Mar-14 20:01:56

No, I've a DH but he deals with the older DC at night.

Just feels hideous. Meant to be holding down a a FT job and on my.knees.

olbasoil Sat 01-Mar-14 21:55:23

When was the last time you slept without being disturbed. Lack of sleep is torture, Which is why your feeling sick. How old is the baby?

Cleanthatroomnow Sat 01-Mar-14 22:14:16

Meant to be holding down a a FT job and on my.knees.

You have answered your own question, love. Doing too much.

bigwellylittlewelly Sun 02-Mar-14 02:16:29

Baby slept through until three months, now nine months. Wakes a lot but since starting back at work two months ago we have both been really ill so she is often awake a lot at night.

I have to work as does DH. Other than work I do nothing, no hobbies, no friends.

olbasoil Sun 02-Mar-14 09:23:28

I can understand that you both need to work, not everyone has the means/luxury of being able to stay at home. ( I stopped working after my surprise 5th blush as childcare was just impossible) However, I was lucky.
Being ill, lack of sleep, a full time job, the relentless circle of being parents with out a break is going to take it's toll. How do you both arrange leave from work, do you take time off together or as we did, juggle the days so we didn't have to use child care

Thymeout Sun 02-Mar-14 10:00:57

I get this. In my case, it's anxiety. There was a time recently when there was the prospect of a middle of the night emergency phone call. I had to move my main meal forward to lunchtime because I couldn't eat in the evenings.

You've got a lot on your plate. Might be a good idea to see your GP and ask them to review your medication, if you're on something for your depression. Do it sooner rather than later, so it doesn't become entrenched as a habit.

bigwellylittlewelly Sun 02-Mar-14 13:26:59

olbasoil Wow. Five. brew DH works normal hours Mon-Fri, whereas I work Wed-Fri and desperately try to work 6hours a day on the weekends but it rarely happens.

There is a huge amount of stress around at the moment, DH was given notice of redundancy before Christmas and we find out his job situation at the end of March. Until then we are saving every single penny we can with childcare costs being the biggest drain - so I feel I need to make every hour count when at work but in truth I'm finding it increasingly heavy going. I am not currently medicated for depression against medical advice because ironically I couldn't cope with the nausea as a side effect.

Its just the overwhelming sickness of anevening. Last night I went to bed at 8pm with baby and slept, I coped much better with the (6) night wakings but she has a horrid virus at the moment so the planned night weaning isn't happening.

anywinewilldo Sun 02-Mar-14 14:25:26

It could also be a touch of gastritis - stomach irritation caused by excess acid - and this can be triggered or made worse by stress. Might be worth mentioning it to your GP - a course of proton pump inhibitor tablets may help to bring it under control - and you have nothing to lose by giving them a try.

Totallyblurred Sun 02-Mar-14 14:37:52

If you take anti-depressants could it be that? I used to take them mid morning and felt sick most of the day. I take mine at night now so i don't get that feeling.

Megbeth Sun 02-Mar-14 14:43:45

I was going to say excess acid too. Probably best to see your Dr. You can get Motilium 10 OTC which helps with nausea. On prescription Maxalon helps with nausea. As it's been going on a while best to get checked out.

eurochick Sun 02-Mar-14 14:47:05

Any possibility you could be pregnant? I've been experiencing the same. It starts around 5 and continues until bed but I'm fine by the morning.

magpieC Sun 02-Mar-14 14:47:48

Any chance you could be pregnant? My "morning" sickness was always in the evening...

bigwellylittlewelly Sun 02-Mar-14 15:34:22

Absolutely no chance I'm pregnant - chance would be a fine thing grin

I have been treated for gastric reflux before and I think I have to accept that I need to go onto ADs to see if they help. I'll see my GP this week

thanks everyone.

chocoluvva Mon 03-Mar-14 14:35:38

I used to feel queasy and sick every afternoon. It turned out to be food intolerances. Are you bloated?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now