Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Posture correctors?

(5 Posts)
Lagoonablue Sat 01-Mar-14 15:39:50

I am a terrible slouch and have now started getting lower back pain. I know I must do exercises etc but wondered if there was something to wear that might help me remember to do this. Or anu other suggestions? TIA

livelablove Sat 01-Mar-14 17:18:54

I have a bad back and have been reading about this. But I am not an expert on posture and physio. From what I read the important thing is to strengthen the core muscles and practise good posture as much as you can, but it is better not to use a posture support as you are not using your natural muscles to support yourself. So it is best to try and use good posture when you remember and do the strengthening exercises. Also do stretches to counteract bad posture, this is very important. If your back is getting bad it would be good to start stretching right away.

Anatana Sat 01-Mar-14 17:22:18

I have one of these and it is totally bizarre but does work.

livelablove Sat 01-Mar-14 17:22:35

Here is a site with some exercises and good info www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/stretching-back-pain-relief

Lagoonablue Sat 01-Mar-14 19:31:57

Thanks all. Will try the exercises and think about some sort of cushion for my work chair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now