Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Palpitations during menopause/peri-menopause

(6 Posts)
HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Fri 28-Feb-14 16:52:47

What is your heart doing during palpitation episodes? Is it actually beating faster, or irregularly, or is it just some sort of skewed awareness or perception?

shouldbedoingtheironing Fri 28-Feb-14 21:47:09

I'm getting this a lot and I just feel incredibly light headed and my heart feels like it's irregular. DH has helped me to measure my heart rate and its fine though. For me it's clearly perception but interested to hear experiences of others..

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Fri 28-Feb-14 22:53:33

Do you find they come in batches: some days none, some days several episodes?

Generally I'm not all that bothered by them, but I find it very tiring when I have lots of episodes, or long ones.

shouldbedoingtheironing Sat 01-Mar-14 11:40:16

Yes definitely! The worst is when it goes on all night and keeps me awake. Hadn't put it down to a peri-menopause symptom but makes perfect sense that it is.

Oh the joys of being a woman!

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Sat 01-Mar-14 23:14:26

Oh that's rough. I find the HRT has a wonderful effect on my sleep, and I am rarely disturbed by symptoms at night. I sometimes get a small whammy of everything as soon as I settle down in bed, but once it has passed I tend to be OK for the rest of the night.

Very weird.

This week I had a double whammy of PMS with PMS - yes, pre-menstrual and peri-menopausal at the same time. No wonder dh looks so wary!

Is it part of my feminine mystique?

lovelymumof4 Sat 01-Mar-14 23:25:51

I'm 38 and perimenopausal. I get loads of heart palpitations at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now