Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Partner in the army -Delaying period. Advice really needed!

(4 Posts)
ilovehugs Wed 26-Feb-14 19:54:29

Hello

My new partner of six months is overseas in the army. I went out to see him on Feb 7th for the weekend and delayed my period by taking my pill (Loestrin 30 - combined pill) for an extra week. When I got back, I gave myself a pill free week and started a new pack as normal. Now about a week and a half into that pack and due to see him again on 7th March. My friend was aghast that I hadn't taken two packs consecutively instead. Does anybody know, was I covered when I saw him in Feb and will I be covered when I see him in March?! Huge Thanks. Bit worried!!!

Musicaltheatremum Wed 26-Feb-14 20:37:29

You will be covered. You took the pill for 5 weeks, had the week break and you are now back on the pill. As long as the break wasn't more than one week you are covered. Keep taking it until after you see him again. After 7 days without the pill your eggs start to grow but as long as it wasn't longer than that you are fine. Have a nice time.

Musicaltheatremum Wed 26-Feb-14 20:37:54

And yes you were covered.

ilovehugs Wed 26-Feb-14 20:57:03

PHEW!!!! Thank you so much smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now