Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What are these funny turns I've been having recenty?

(6 Posts)
JapaneseMargaret Wed 26-Feb-14 07:49:49

So in the last year or so I've been having these sort of 'turns'.

I suddenly feel a bit shaky and like I need to sit down. I'm clammy and really feel the need to eat something, which helps it to abate.

They last about 5 minutes, maybe a bit more. I feel really wiped out afterwards.

I get them about every 4 weeks or so.

I'm 40, with a BMI of about 21.

Faverolles Wed 26-Feb-14 07:53:45

Maybe you should go to your GP?

yegodsandlittlefishes Wed 26-Feb-14 07:57:35

Yes go and see your doctor.

Sounds similar to a friend's description of diabetes/hypo if that helps nudge you to think you should get it properly checked out. (Perfectly treatable, but not something to ignore and leave untreated.)

Nancy66 Wed 26-Feb-14 09:40:55

the sound like sugar lows.

Get your blood pressure checked. I have very low blood pressure and often feel like this

JapaneseMargaret Wed 26-Feb-14 17:25:35

Thanks all, will definitely go to the GP. I've traditionally had slightly high blood pressure, but it's been fine since DC2.

I had a heap of visit last year when I developed a persistent cough that culminated in an asthma attack, and obviously an asthma diagnosis.

I've just turned 40 and thought I had a little while before dealing with health woes, but obviously not.

LEMmingaround Wed 26-Feb-14 17:28:10

Could be low blood sugar, are you eating regularly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now