Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swollen lump on eye lid

(7 Posts)
Mitsi10 Tue 25-Feb-14 23:02:17

Was at work (cleaner) and went for my break about half 7 was rubbing my eye a lot during break then as I was going back to work (8pm) i felt as though my eye was swollen so went and asked a work mate she told me yes there's a lump it's the top eye lid was red and could see a lump like a huge spot rest of eye is fine

It now has went down abit still swollen but not red what is this

MrsCakesPremonition Wed 26-Feb-14 00:43:10

It could be a meibomian cyst. I've had a couple recently (probably because my eyes have been very dry) and went to my GP who said that there wasn't much to be done except massage them gently and often. After a couple of months they disappeared.

If it feels sore or hot, or is still there in a day or two, I'd make a GP appointment to get it checked out.

Mitsi10 Wed 26-Feb-14 07:39:36

Thanks it's not as red you can still tell it's swollen a bit getting a appointment today just so I know

Bunbaker Wed 26-Feb-14 08:02:41

It could be a stye.

Mitsi10 Wed 26-Feb-14 08:58:49

Eye lid still looks puffed up and do have a ill pain it's like eye strain or something

BookFairy Wed 26-Feb-14 09:09:13

I've had this before. I was given drops but they didn't work. My eye was so swollen I couldn't open it! I was sent to the eye clinic and given more drops which sorted it out. I've never had it again!

MrsBonkers Thu 27-Feb-14 01:21:11

Insect bite?
Allergic reaction to something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now