Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

still bleeding 8 weeks after Mirena insertion/fibroid removal - fed up

(4 Posts)
hildaogden99 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:05:31

This was supposed to sort the mid cycle bleeding caused by fibroid but it's just made it worse! With the exception of 1 week 3 weeks ago when it stopped for almost a week I've had light bleeding/spotting nearly every day. I'm sick of it! I'm due to see the consultant for a follow up next week (private). Feel like asking for a hysterectomy as I don't need this damn womb anymore. I hear it can be done vaginally these days. Can anyone advise on my options?
Thx.

Willdoitinaminute Tue 25-Feb-14 22:56:20

Stick with it my last Mirena was fitted in Sept and I had spotting up to Christmas with very light period each month. I have 'period' at the moment but it is so light I only notice when I go to the loo, not even leaving any evidence on liner -sorry if TMI.

hildaogden99 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:37:53

Yeah I had read that spotting can go on for several months - consultant never told me that though, just said I'd bleed for about a week after the fibroid op! Now I have what I think is period as quite a bit more than spotting over last 24 hours. Will see what consultant says. So annoying though! Thanks.

MigGril Wed 26-Feb-14 06:42:49

it's sick with it for a while, my first coil took 3-4 months to stop bleeding but then I had no bleeding until it was removed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now