Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Moments when your healthcare journey makes you go 'aaaaaarghhhh!'

(7 Posts)
2kidsintow Mon 24-Feb-14 18:59:29

I have a bad hip. 3 years ago I went for a blood test and xray. All clear they said. Try physio.

Physio (once got to the top of the waiting list) made it worse. See the hospital triage people.

They said try a different physio.

Physio once again made it worse. See a consultant said the physio.

Today the consultant took a look at my xray - yes, the one taken 3 years ago - and diagnosed me in a minute. I could even see the problem once he'd pointed it out on screen.

So why couldn't my GP 3 blummin YEARS AGO?

Hatescolds Mon 24-Feb-14 19:47:07

What is the problem?

In most areas GP's do not get sent the XRs themselves but a report done by the radiology consultant- they do not usually miss much.

Musicaltheatremum Mon 24-Feb-14 20:12:15

We don't get the X-rays. Blame the person who reports the X-ray if it wasn't picked up not the GP.

2kidsintow Mon 24-Feb-14 20:19:39

What's the problem?

I returned to the GP for the results. They called them up onto the screen, scrutinised them in front of me much as the consultant did today and declared them clear.

traviata Mon 24-Feb-14 21:01:56

I assume Hatescolds meant 'what's the diagnosis', not 'what are you annoyed about?'.

Sorry you've had such a difficult and frustrating and entirely avoidable three year delay. Can you have any treatment?

Hatescolds Mon 24-Feb-14 21:39:31

Sorry- agree was badly worded- I did mean what is the diagnosis ie is it something that is easy to be picked up on the xr?

2kidsintow Mon 24-Feb-14 21:54:37

Ha ha. I see. Sorry. smile

I have more bone in the ball of one side of my hip socket. Once he pointed it out I could see it.

First treatment is a steroid injection to see if that helps. The other option is to have keyhole surgery for them to shave off the extra bone to make it not catch on the socket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now