Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are there private GP surgeries in the UK?

(5 Posts)
Onesieone Mon 24-Feb-14 10:13:07

My GP is a dead loss. I have seen 3 docs in our surgery and everyone has told me a different thing. When I lived in RoI I had a Private GP who was very effective and accurate. Are there any in the UK.

mrsnec Mon 24-Feb-14 10:21:21

When I lived in the UK I had the same experience. I paid to see a consultant at a Bupa hospital. You used to be able to do that without having cover through them. I think it cost about 100 pounds for a very short consultation. If you don't want to do that I often found nhs walk in centres to be better than my gp. Worth looking up where your nearest one is.

MumOfTheMoos Mon 24-Feb-14 10:25:40

There are private GPs, yes, but I've never tried to use one. Are you in London? I'm pretty sure there are private GPs in Harley St.

Damnautocorrect Mon 24-Feb-14 10:30:56

There's one in beaconsfield. They have a whole gps surgery offering all sorts of stuff. You can pay monthly or per visit if I remember rightly.

Onesieone Mon 24-Feb-14 12:31:16

I live in Northern Ireland now. How would I search for one? Does anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now