Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Those who have had a thyroid node...

(4 Posts)
OddBoots Fri 21-Feb-14 12:18:06

could you please let me know if you could feel it with your fingers and if so how it felt?

Could a squishy, soft 3cm lump at the very bottom of the front of the neck where it meets the top of the central chest bone be a thyroid nodule or cyst? Could it cause discomfort when swallowing?

OddBoots Fri 21-Feb-14 13:26:37

Sorry, I meant nodule not node in my title.

apermanentheadache Fri 21-Feb-14 20:52:18

Yes, I have one of these and it is palpable. It doesn't cause me any trouble swallowing though. And I would say it is firm and mobile rather than squishy.

What does your GP think?

OddBoots Sat 22-Feb-14 08:27:53

Thank you. smile I'm trying to work out if it's worth bothering my GP with, it's really squishy like a bag of free fluid so probably just a cyst. I'll mention it next time I do to the docs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: