Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

athlete's foot

(9 Posts)
babyrose Fri 21-Feb-14 08:22:29

2wk ago I started getting symptoms of this so I picked up some cream for it (canestan athlete's foot once a day) I've had to use a twice a day to help but now its started on my other foot and its driving me nuts! Anyone else have/had it and how did you get rid of it?

heatseeker14 Fri 21-Feb-14 09:54:27

Try to make sure you rotate your foot wear and if possible only wear shoes that allow air to circulate, avoid synthetic material. Try using a cold rinse at the end of your shower just directed at your feet. Also make sure you dry your feet properly and that towels/slippers are frequently washed. I experienced fungal foot problems after using those silly synthetic fashion pumps that made my feel sweat, since then I have only worn leather shoes/boots. It can take a while to clear keep applying the cream and try to keep your feet cool and dry.

babyrose Fri 21-Feb-14 10:05:39

Thanks Heatseeker, the only the is my work safety shoes they are big and clumpy heavy shoes. I got them when I first started my job 2.5 years ago.

I have the docs today so hopefully will get something to help.

heatseeker14 Fri 21-Feb-14 11:42:18

No problem hope you get it sorted.

babyrose Sun 23-Feb-14 19:31:48

I got antibiotics and cream.and new work shoes that actually fit! Hoping things improve very soon!

thenightsky Sun 23-Feb-14 19:35:24

I always use Lamasil Once. Expensive but works first time.

babyrose Mon 24-Feb-14 08:39:44

I may try that thanks.

Ilovewaleswhenitrains Mon 24-Feb-14 08:45:59

I discovered that Waitrose baby bottom butter cured my athletes feet.

babyrose Tue 25-Feb-14 08:30:44

Thanks very much everyone. Symptoms are starting to go now! Yipee!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now