Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have any of you (females) had a hernia? just found a odd lump and stupidly googled.

(3 Posts)
Marne Wed 19-Feb-14 16:58:43

I suffer with very bad period pain and was just squeezing my tummy in pain and felt a lump under my belly button (I have a bit of a fat tummy, when im sat down I can pinch the roll of fat under my belly button and that's where I can feel the lump). I have also been suffering a lot of pain in my back and pelvis for a couple of years now but can not find a cause (have been having physio), could this lump be a hernia? could it cause the pain in my pelvis?

I had a quick look on google (as I was a bit alarmed to find a lump) but I don't want to keep looking as google tends to come up with so many different things. Any advice?

Panzee Wed 19-Feb-14 20:22:09

I had one, looked like an outie belly button next to my actual one. Never caused any pain though. Got it repaired a few weeks ago, so far seems to be fine! I was in and out the same day.

KurriKurri Wed 19-Feb-14 20:42:24

I had one a couple of years ago (mine was just above an abdominal scar) it was quite painful and quite large. I'd go to the doctor and get it checked - it's not a huge job to sort out. Mine was day surgery and done laparoscopally -so no huge scars or wounds to heal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now