Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump under the skin? Any ideas

(9 Posts)
princessalbert Wed 19-Feb-14 13:57:45

I have felt a strange pea sized firm lump under the skin just in the region of - I suppose - my womb?

I had just finished my workout, and was wearing lycra - and was just pressing down on my tummy area - when I felt it.

It isn't painful and there is no redness - so it isn't a pimple or cyst under the skin.

My plan is to give it a couple of days and see if it goes away. If not then I will go to the GPs to get it investigated.

Can anyone put my mind at rest??

Thurlow Wed 19-Feb-14 14:00:56

I'm no expert, but I had a worrying lump once and it turned out to be a sebaceous cyst, which is completely unworrying. That wasn't painful either.

princessalbert Wed 19-Feb-14 14:05:42

It isn't visible on the skin.

It is underneath - on whatever body part is under there. Just under the top part of my pubic hair.

Thurlow Wed 19-Feb-14 14:15:42

Sebaceous cysts are under the skin, not visible above it. But like I said I'm no expert, that's just one thing I had! I'd book a GP appt now if it's worrying you.

princessalbert Wed 19-Feb-14 14:24:59

Thanks for the reply thurlow.

I'll give it a couple of days and see if any changes.

BorisJohnsonsHair Wed 19-Feb-14 14:28:09

I had exactly the same thing behind my ear, which was a sebaceous cyst. It was as you describe, like a pea under all the layers of skin. It was there for several weeks. But they don't do any harm. Go and see your GP if you're worried, but I'm sure that's what it will be.

princessalbert Wed 19-Feb-14 14:30:06

I think I am just more concerned due to its location.

Overactive imagination - and googling... smile

jamtoast12 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:38:00

Is in not in your gland area down there? I get pea sized lumps in my neck in the gland area when run down so expect its similar down there?

princessalbert Tue 25-Feb-14 10:25:45

It vanished on its own.

I had just plucked up courage to ask DH to have a feel at the weekend - and I couldn't find it.

Must have just been something and nothing.

No jamtoast def not a gland - it was on the front of my pubic bone just a couple of inches below where my bikini line ends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now