Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bruised, tender lump

(3 Posts)
NervousAttack Wed 19-Feb-14 10:15:18

I've got a tender section of my breast, certain positions feel like a lump but difficult to tell if different from normal tissue other than the pain. a little hard but..
Felt worse after removing my bra last night, but only notice it day before last due to similar tenderness.

How long should I wait before getting it checked, shall I give it a few days/week first and see if pain goes - give the bra a rest?

Maverick66 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:50:41

Go ahead and make an appointment with your GP? Do you find it more noticeable prior to your period? I have had similar symptoms to you in recent weeks. GP referred me to breast clinic. Consultant couldn't feel any lump so I had a mammogram there still was no sign of any lumps but they did a scan of my breast and saw several small cysts. They drained cysts there and then. (Similar to having blood taken) I have had no problem since smile hope this helps.

NervousAttack Thu 20-Feb-14 16:37:25

Thanks. I have had a couple of checks before but this one is different, very similar to when I had a blocked duct when breast feeding. I'll leave it until Monday and if not gone, I'll check with the nurse before booking with the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now