Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Symptoms affecting the nerves

(5 Posts)
NervousAttack Tue 18-Feb-14 20:07:49

Has anyone had any problems with the nerves in their ams and legs where is more like a nerve ache/pain with mild tingling on occasions. Pain in the lower back assumed to be the cause of the leg but then why would there be pains in the arms? Also a lot of facial pain similar to sinus but with head pressure (really weird feeling)?

How do you get this checked?

Would an orthopaedic referral be enough to get the ball rolling or will they not discuss it due to it being more nerves?

Worried, obviously as it's flared up again all in one go

Poppyhat Thu 20-Feb-14 13:50:01

I am not sure, but I think a neurologist would be the best person to see,ask your gp if he agrees that a referral to one might be of help,

NervousAttack Thu 20-Feb-14 16:35:17

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Slowly losing confidence in my ability to communicate with my GP. We'll see.

MummyJemz Thu 20-Feb-14 20:42:21

This is very similar to how I've been feeling over last few weeks! First GP i saw made me feel like I was fussing about nothing and told me that I would be ok. I got worse and saw a different GP who was brilliant- he gave me a neurological examination - looked in my eyes, tested reflexes and responses and other things. He then referred me for an MRI. I am waiting for appointment to come through. Keep pestering the GP!

NervousAttack Fri 21-Feb-14 01:09:40

Thanks smile
I don't think mine is bad enough for the GP to blame it on anything other than Cervical Spondylosis and migraines. Scaring the crap out of me though. Just have to see when I go back. Wish you luck with the MRI

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now