Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IBS?

(4 Posts)
Dawndonnaagain Tue 18-Feb-14 09:37:14

Pain in left side just below ribs. Intermittent, but can be exacerbated by movement, not all the time, just some of the time. Sharp pain, lasting a second and then gone, but happens every few minutes, or when I move wrongly. I've been to the Doctor and he had a really good feel of everything, from hips to ribs and could find nothing. He reckons it's a bad attack of ibs. I have never had it this badly before. Could he be right or should I be asking for further investigations?
Thank you.

Dawndonnaagain Sat 22-Feb-14 11:26:13

Bumping, because on page three and I'm a neurotic desperate woman!

RaspberryRuffle Sat 22-Feb-14 18:39:42

Are you having other symptoms along with this pain? Do you normally have IBS?
How long have you been having this pain? I had similar pain for about 2 weeks, high up in rib cage, on the left, DH thought it was my heart (he is a slight drama queen) and insisted I see the GP. She told me it was wind! I took deflatine and the pain did go away, if it hadn't I would've gone back.

Dawndonnaagain Sat 22-Feb-14 20:28:52

Thank you. Yes, I normally have IBS and proctitis. It's usually on the right side and lots of going to the loo, never on the left so this has come hard. It's been a week, so I shall try the deflatine.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now