Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This is worrying me...

(13 Posts)
FavourPlease Mon 17-Feb-14 21:18:42

Hi, I wondered if you could see if any of you recognise my symptoms?

I've suddenly started feeling very tired all the time - too tired to do anything, even if I really want to, and definitely so tired that I have to lie down, usually in the afternoon, but it can come on as early as straight after my shower in the morning. People also comment on how tired I look.

I also have achy joints and get very dizzy (my head spins) every time I stand up. I feel sick a lot as well.

I've not been to the doctors because I can't decide whether this is just a random collection of symptoms. I'm 23 and otherwise fairly healthy. I don't have a great diet, but it isn't unhealthy, just I don't eat a lot.

Has anyone got any ideas?

CocktailQueen Mon 17-Feb-14 21:21:19

Are you eating enough? What's your bp?

I'd go the gp and get checked out, I think. Not normal at your age!

Auntimatter Mon 17-Feb-14 21:22:15

Definitely go to the GP.

And eat more.

DameFanny Mon 17-Feb-14 21:24:31

Definitely get checked out. Probably worth taking a pregnancy test first so the Dr doesn't waste time on that (Ime any symptoms which include dizziness and sickness between 16 and 35 are assumed to be pregnancy first). good luck :-)

Anaemia? Are your periods particularly heavy?

Yes, eat more! Especially iron and protein-rich foods.

FavourPlease Mon 17-Feb-14 21:28:40

Thanks.

I'm recovering from e ating issues so it's something that is being managed - I'm not eating badly at the moment, to be fair.

I will make a GP appointment, though - definitely not pregnant!

FavourPlease Mon 17-Feb-14 21:53:15

And no: not particularly heavy periods.

RubySparks Mon 17-Feb-14 23:07:05

I have had similar and was due to interactive thyroid - gp can do blood tests. I have coeliac disease too which also started as being very tired but had digestion problems with that (bloating etc)

Lauren83 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:43:36

No issues with gynae stuff? I had terrible dizziness and nausea that was diagnosed as labyrinthitis but turned out to be a gynae issue, I got achy joints after but that was due to early menopause x

Imnotaslimjim Mon 17-Feb-14 23:53:16

Just to add to the list of maybes, it could be vit D deficiency. In the long term it ca ncause muscle weakness and bone pain and extreme tiredness. Do you find that you struggle to get up from sitting or to climb the stairs?

It does sound like you could do with going for a check over though, and some blood tests doing

impatienceisavirtue Mon 17-Feb-14 23:54:53

Could be CFS /ME

FavourPlease Tue 18-Feb-14 12:49:47

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm just a bit clueless about what it could be. Definitely need to book a GP appointment I think.

Worrying it's something serious.

ConfusedDotty Tue 18-Feb-14 12:52:23

Definately get your thyroid levels checked. I had exactly these symptoms when my thyroid was overactive. It's just a simple blood test to either confirm or rule it out.

Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now