Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else recently quit smoking?

(4 Posts)
CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 17-Feb-14 10:03:38

Morning,

Tomorrow will be two weeks since I last smoked. Is there anyone else out there who has recently quit or is thinking of quitting?
I have a week off work this week which should help as work is the place I mainly smoke. Hopefully some half term activities with DS should help take my mind off it. grin

scarfaceace Mon 17-Feb-14 13:27:28

That's fantastic - well done. The first two weeks are really hard so you should feel very proud of yourself. thanks

I gave up nearly five years ago, so not as recent as you.

Keep at it, and good luck.

missmagnum Mon 17-Feb-14 13:42:36

Well done OP, a massive achievement and you are through the hardest bit now!

I gave up smoking cigarettes at the beginning of Oct, but found it quite easy as I'm using an ecig, slowly cutting down with that too and hope to be off that at some point, but for now I'm just celebrating the extra cash, not being smelly anymore and always wondering when or if I could go for a fag.

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 17-Feb-14 14:18:38

Thank you both. It hasn't been as awful as I has thought it would be. Although that's not to say I haven't had a few wobbles. Yesterday afternoon was pretty grim!

I didn't smoke a lot, only really at work or socially, so maybe averaging 5 a day. But I really, really enjoyed smoking. blush

I am thinking about putting some money aside that I would have spent on fags and maybe getting a new handbag or something.

Well done to both of you too, for now being ex smokers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now