Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

GP or wait?

(3 Posts)
Winterbluessummersoonish Mon 17-Feb-14 09:55:13

GP appointment or wait?
Last night in the middle of the night I got a pain behind my ear in my neck. I could and still can feel a small hard lump. The area is painful as if the lump is pressing on a nerve or something. It is level with my ear lobe and the area hurts just sitting here - I can get GP appointments easily today or tomorrow- but do you think the GP will think I should have waited a bit longer? I am a bit run down so could be a gland, but more pea sized and hard - anyway OH said he would not go to a doctor, so any other thoughts/opinions welcome?

chocoluvva Mon 17-Feb-14 09:59:14

I'd go. It could be a (random) cyst that will need treatment. If it's just a spot you might be given an antibacterial or antibiotic cream for it.

Winterbluessummersoonish Mon 17-Feb-14 10:40:26

Thanks for replying, it's not red or a different colour - if I lift up the skin/move the skin the lump stays which made me think it's not a spot.

But could be a cyst under the skin?

It is strange as it is rock hard, causing the wider area to be painful but it feels a bit minor to take an appointment-

Will review at lunch and ring for an appointment if still sore -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now