Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I go back to work tomorrow? Not ill but not well.

(9 Posts)
WildThong Sun 16-Feb-14 17:21:33

I came down with a nasty cold/flu type thing on Thursday and came home from work. Friday and Saturday I felt miserable and slept almost all the time.
Today I have been up and awake but even just standing for 20 minutes and doing light chores, I went to sleep for over an hour. Still feel really chilled and headachy.
I do feel slightly better in myself iykwim but just wiped out. I hate letting people down and am never off but I worry if I go in and feel like this i'll end up off again. Just don't know what to do for best.

PenguinsEatSpinach Sun 16-Feb-14 17:26:59

if you can still only manage 20 minutes at a time I would guess that you are likely to need another day unless you improve lots overnight.

Hope you feel better soon.

drinkyourmilk Sun 16-Feb-14 17:27:53

I think it depends what you do.

WildThong Sun 16-Feb-14 17:38:51

Very busy office type environment lots of people and meetings going on. Maybe I'll wait til later this evening to decide and let my boss know.

CrazyOldCatLady Sun 16-Feb-14 17:47:37

Funny, I've been wondering the same thing today.

I've been out for two weeks now with sinusitis. I've finished a course of antibiotics, the brutal pain in my teeth is gone, the pressure in my sinuses is easing and the fluey all-over pains are gone.

But I still have some sinus pressure and a headache, I'm as weak as a kitten and I'm on the verge of bursting into tears most of the time.

I'm so much better than I was, that I feel I should go back, but I'm not sure I can get through the day without bursting into tears at my desk with exhaustion.

landoflostcontent Sun 16-Feb-14 17:53:00

Had something similar, was sent home from work, took a couple of days off and felt I had to go back to work. Couldn't cope and was subsequently off for two weeks. Company counted it as two separate absences which made my record look worse and kick started disciplinary measures. Stay home, hope you feel better soon.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 16-Feb-14 17:53:05

Call in sick now. You need one day at home where you feel vaguely well. Better to take another day or two now rather than to drag out being ill and making yourself become run down and vulnerable to more stuff.

WildThong Sun 16-Feb-14 20:39:09

Thanks for replies, I am staying off. I helped make dinner and clear up and came over all clammy and feel rubbish again.

craftysewer Sun 16-Feb-14 22:12:43

I've had something similar now for nearly a week. I've been out today for only the second time this week and came back and slept for over 3 hours. If you can, I would suggest staying off until you really feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now