Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm finding it hard.....

(4 Posts)
rarara99 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:30:50

Hi,

I became a single parent of 3 about 5 years ago, and on top of this I suffer from severe PMT which has become worse since becoming a single parent. In addition, I used to suffer from bulimia which seems to have returned. My PMT has become so severe that I no longer enjoy being a parent, I am exhausted with the constant fighting and demands of being a parent. I'm not sure if this is down to the bad weather, the january blues or the fact that being a single parent is so hard. My doctor has tried me on anti depressants, CBT, the pill, mirena, vitamins, diet and exercise yet I nothing seems to make life easier. I am at a loss..my life seems to be a mess?

Elderberri Fri 14-Feb-14 20:34:59

Hi Tara,

It sounds like you have done everything right to try and get the right help.

I don't think your life is a mess, I just think it's hard right now, but it won't always be like this.

One important thing you might need to do is let go of any ideas that other people have got this great 'Disney' style life because they don't. Dump any guilt about your situation and just do the best you can.

What helps me is to put on some music, upbeat and get out for a walk.

I am not a single parent, but have all the same issues with depression.

Best wishes.

Elderberri Fri 14-Feb-14 20:35:28

Rara , sorry, auto correct.

rarara99 Sat 15-Feb-14 08:03:16

Thank you Elderberri:-) You have put things into perspective...I am letting go of feeling guilty X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now