Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am not pregnant... but my cervix thinks I am

(6 Posts)
elportodelgato Fri 14-Feb-14 17:35:11

No idea what is wrong with me sad

I am having pains in what I can only describe as my cervix, it feels exactly like it did just after I had a sweep when pg with DC1, ie: vague crampy feelings interspersed with stronger shooting pains. Also pain in my right hand back, round where my kidneys are. I went to the docs the other day to get it checked and the GOOD news is I don't have an STI smile, nor do I have a kidney infection.

Anyone have any ideas?

justmuddlingalongsomehow Sat 15-Feb-14 06:39:06

Has nobody suggested you have a pelvic scan?

naty1 Sat 15-Feb-14 11:13:43

Ovary maybe?

elportodelgato Sun 16-Feb-14 09:23:33

Thank you for the replies. Yes I think if it's still going on next week the next stage will be a pelvic scan, which seems a bit worryingly serious sad

MoodyPrincess Tue 25-Feb-14 22:58:43

Hi! I'm new to mumsnet, just seen your question, and it sounds a little like what I have, Adenomyosis, have you sent our gynaecologist! I think you should be sent for a scan, Adenomyosis can (and also endometriosis) are both very common, and can make it feel like you insides are being pulled down, my pain goes into my back as well, it is extremely painful for me, i'm looking to a hysterectomy, and i'm only 30, but I don't think you need to worry, but be sure to see a doctor and inisst on a gynaecologist. X

MoodyPrincess Tue 25-Feb-14 23:02:03

There is a number of things it could be as well as endometriosis or adenomyosis, maybe adhesions or anything, just get checked out, just in case it is anything more sinister, but honestly, uterine conditions are very common, and can make you feel like you're dying sometimes! It affects you mentally as well as physically, so be sure to get checked out. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now