Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Talk me though having the 'flu' or a migraine

(2 Posts)
redrubyindigo Thu 13-Feb-14 23:01:42

I have experienced both and I would not have got out of bed for 10 grand when I (once) had the flu. I was in bed for five days and was still aching after 10 days.

I had migraines as a child. Even my hair hurt to touch it. I had peripheral vision, vomiting and a headache beyond belief and slept for 24 hours after an attack.

Megbeth Fri 14-Feb-14 13:36:47

I rarely get sick but one Xmas the day before Xmas eve I got the flu. I had it for 3 weeks. I couldn't lift my head up from the pillow, just slept & slept. I couldn't eat & was so low I kept on crying. I was self employed at the time so lost so much money. I ended up with sinusitis & was deaf in one ear for a week. I think if I had been elderly I would have died. It took me months to feel better after that flu..
In 17 years since then I have 2 colds & 1 mini flu. I just don't get sick.
I have had migraines but I know my triggers certain foods & not enough sleep. I can cope with the head ache but just hate the nausea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now