Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I know there is a prolapse thread but...

(4 Posts)
IcouldstillbeJoseph Thu 13-Feb-14 10:26:18

I will try and be brief ..
Since dc2 birth (1 year ago) I have suffered with varying degrees of stress incontinence. I have improved it with pelvic floor exercises but got to a plateau.
So, tomorrow I have my first appointment at the Incontinence Clinic beat that on valentines day.
However, on Monday this week I suddenly developed a strange sensation in my vagina. Like a burning. So I took a look and there is a visible anterior prolapse. However, since Mon it's just getting worse and worse. I can feel it burning and dragging all the time. The incontinence has suddenly got much worse and the 'bulge' is getting bigger.
Basically - does this sound normal?!
I know it's not an emergency or anything and I'm seeing the nurse tomorrow but it's bothering me....

CheesyBadger Fri 14-Feb-14 00:13:01

I had the same after a recent period using tampons, then it went away. I have a degree of incontinence but it didn't make it worse. I had a very sore sensation though and an obvious bulge and dragging sensation. I felt like I had a golf ball sitting there!

No helpful advice I'm afraid but hopefully someone will be along soon

IcouldstillbeJoseph Fri 14-Feb-14 10:46:01

Thank you - I've been referred to gynaecologist

impatienttobemummy Fri 14-Feb-14 12:54:22

I had this sensation it was thrush pessary and cream cleared it up. I've read a lot of people don't even realise they have a prolapse until they get thrush. Good luck at your appointment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now