Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone know what's wrong with me? Please help.

(7 Posts)
wouldbemedic Wed 12-Feb-14 21:54:30

I already have spd since having my DD two years ago and really don't need this! Symptoms are: exhaustion, piercing headache behind the eyes accompanied by waves of depression/agitation, loose bowel movements, nausea, upper abdominal bloating and sinus pain. It comes in a cycle, starting with slightly sore throat and exhaustion progressing to tummy upset. Has been happening more and more frequently over the last year. Went to the doctor and apparently all the tests are clear (vitamin D and celiac still to come back). I don't want to have anything wrong with them but a diagnosis would be a relief as I'm struggling to manage my daughter. I just don't know what else to do.

wouldbemedic Wed 12-Feb-14 21:55:22

wrong with *me, sorry!

BigPawsBrown Thu 13-Feb-14 00:38:47

I had this and it was PFAPA (google)

wouldbemedic Thu 13-Feb-14 01:10:45

Thanks bigpaws. I don't have fever though, would that rule me out? Did you? I also have cold sores and ongoing thrush - so generally decrepit!

BigPawsBrown Fri 14-Feb-14 01:10:23

I do feel hot during an attack yes...

Hm, worth seeing GP? Lots could be anxiety about physical symptoms?

ancientbuchanan Fri 14-Feb-14 02:28:39

And I was about to suggest coeliac.

How regular is the cycle? More likely to be Pfapa if you can measure the days. ( Ds has one if the rare equivalents).

wouldbemedic Fri 14-Feb-14 13:39:54

I haven't lost weight despite not eating as much a lot of the time. In fact I'm still in maternity wear because my stomach is so disproportionately large.

I think the cycles are once every 2-3 weeks - will start monitoring more closely.

Definitely not anxiety about physical symptoms. The anxiety has started as a response to the symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now