Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hypomenorrhea (very light periods)

(1 Post)
clementinesandbananas Wed 12-Feb-14 17:54:23

Since DC#2 was 6m I've had regular ovulatory (confirmed by scans and OPKs) cycles but very light periods: no more than a few drops.

During this time I've been BF but have cut back hugely (currently only on one feed a day) but my periods haven't got any heavier. This isn't normal for me: they are normally 3-4 days long, start heavy and get lighter. So fairly average I guess.

I've looked this up and I think my weight might be the issue. I have a BMI of 19 and body fat of about 18%. I exercise at least 5 times a week (hard) and am extremely active the rest of the time (no car and a double buggy to push). I've had extensive gynae investigations in the past for various issues and nothing else seems to be a possible cause (in particular, the recent scan I have confirmed I was ovulating and showed a normal looking uterus, albeit with a very thin lining).

Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm happy to put on weight/cut back on exercise if it would help: I'd just rather not do so if it's not going to!!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now